Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Monthly Writing Goals for July/Progress for June

Last month, I blogged about my Monthly Writing Goals for June. I'm happy to say I met those writing goals! I have 52 pages completed on my Jane Austen solo project (I wanted to have 50 pages done.)

Also, I got my article published on Bootsnall.com. So it was a great month for me.

My monthly writing goals for July? I'm keeping it simple, because this is a busy month for me.

First, I'd like to have 60 pages completed on my Jane Austen solo project.

Second, I'd like to establish a presence on Associated Content. I'm going to submit the article I wrote for Bootsnall, to Associated Content. In this way, I'll get extra "mileage" out of all that work and research I put into the article. Associated Content pays writers a small fee, for each article.

I'll be giving non exclusive rights to use the story on their website, just as I did with Bootsnall. This way, I can submit or sell the same story to a variety of websites or print media, getting a lot of value from one story.

I like the idea of non exclusive rights; it takes so much time and research to write an article, you might as well maximize your profits (that's my opinion anyway.)

No comments: